A Disastrous Flight 一次糟糕的飞行

时间 : 2012-05-05 15:07来源 : VOA官网 收听下载次数 :
下载音频
 

About this lesson

In this lesson, you’ll learn:

 -How to talk about hypothetical events

 - How to describe a disasterous travel experience

 - How to use the English conditional

Profiling

  I was late to my flight because security thought I looked suspicious!
  我没赶上飞机﹐因为安檢的人觉得我看着可疑!

  I wonder how they decide who looks suspicious and who doesn’t.
  我想知道她们如何判断谁看着可疑﹐谁看着不可疑。

  I wonder if they search people who they think look Muslim.
  我想知道她们是不是专门找看着像穆斯林的人搜身。

  If they really choose people based on how they look, I wonder why they would have searched my grandmother.
  如果她们真是根据外表选择抽查对象的话﹐我想知道她们为什么要搜我奶奶的身。

  I wonder if I looked different whether they would have searched me.
  我想知道﹐如果我不长这样﹐她们当时还会不会搜我的身。

An insane security line

  The security line was insane!
  等着过安檢的长队简直令人发疯!

  If I’d known security was going to be so bad, I would have come earlier.
  如果我原本知道过安檢这么费劲﹐我就早点到机场了。

  But even if I’d arrived four hours early, I still would never have made my flight.
  不过﹐就算我提前了四个小时到﹐我当时还是没法赶上飞机。

  Maybe if they hadn’t searched everyone, I wouldn’t have been so late.
  如果她们当时没有每个人都搜身﹐我就不会这么晚了。

  Maybe security would have been smoother if that guy in front of me had paid attention to the rules.
  如果我前面哪个男人好好看过安檢规定的话﹐可能安檢就会顺畅得多了。

Missed my flight

  I ended up missing my flight!
  结果我错过了飞机!

  I should have given myself plenty of time to get through security.
  我本该留出充足的时间过安檢。

  I should have checked in online before I got there so I wouldn’t have had to wait in line.
  到机场前我本该上网办好登机手续﹐这样就不用排队了。

  I should have told my cab driver to take the freeway so we wouldn’t have hit traffic.
  我本该让出租车司机走高速公路﹐这样我们就不会堵车了。

My flight was overbooked

  My flight was overbooked, so they offered me a voucher.
  我哪班飞机超额预售了﹐所以航空公司提出送我一张代金券。

  I thought about taking it, but I figured I’d never use it anyway.
  我本来想要,但后来一想,我根本用不上。

  I would have considered it, but all the best times to travel are always blacked out.
  我本来考虑接受﹐可是旅行的所有黄金时段都是限载期。

  The voucher would be a deal, except that they put so many restrictions on those things.
  代金券倒是不错﹐不过航空公司对这种礼券设定了好多使用限制。

  I didn’t think the flight would be so full in the off-season, but I ended up getting bumped.
  我本以为淡季飞机不会这么满﹐可是我订的位子最后居然被挤掉了。

I missed my connection

  My flight was delayed, so I missed my connection!
  航班误点﹐所以我没赶上转机!
  
  I wish they had at least been honest with us, instead of telling us it would only be “another thirty minutes.”
  航空公司当初至少应该跟我们说实话﹐而不是告诉我们只需要”再等半个小时”。

  I wish they had called the gate to tell them I was going to be late, so I would have made it in time.
  她们当初要是给登机口的工作人员打个电话﹐通知她们我会晚点儿到的话﹐我就能赶上飞机了。

  I wish I had made my connecting flight, so I wouldn’t have had to stay in that seedy hotel for the night.
  我当时要是赶上了转机﹐就不用在哪间破酒店过夜了。

They lost my bags

  They lost my bags!
  她们把我的行李弄丢了!

  Next time I’ll remember to put ID tags on them.
  下次我会记着在行李上拴上名字标签。

  Next time I’ll make sure to carry my bags on the airplane.
  下次我一定要带着行李上飞机。

  Next time I won’t check bags that have valuables in them.
  下次我一定不会托运有贵重物品的行李了。

  Next time I’ll remember to pack lighter.
  下次我一定记着少带行李。

From:www.easyvoa.com