Recounting a Date 讲述约会经历

时间 : 2012-05-05 15:07来源 : VOA官网 收听下载次数 :
下载音频
 

About this lesson

In this lesson, you’ll learn:

 - How to describe a date you went on in detail

 - How to talk about pick-ups and come-ons

 - How to use common American quotatives to recall dialog when telling a story

 - How to talk about getting stood up

 - How to differentiate between different types of romantic relationships

A date

  This is my date, Brian.
  这是我的约会对象 Brian.

  This is my boyfriend.
  这是我男朋友。

  This is my boyfriend, Brian. We’re going on a date tonight!
  这是我男朋友 Brian. 我们今天晚上要去约会!

I got set up

Sometimes people try to set each other up, meaning that a third-party matchmaker, such as a mutual friend,introduces two people to each other so that they can go on a date. Two people who have “been set up” might go on a “blind date,” which means that the date is the first time the people have ever met. People often joke that blind dates are disastrous.

  I set them up.
  我介绍她们俩交往。

  She set me up on a blind date with this weirdo!
  她居然安排我去跟哪个怪人盲约!

  I got set up with my friend’s coworker, but it ended up being a disaster.
  我朋友安排我和她的同事约会﹐结果简直是一塌糊涂。

Going out for drinks

  Let’s go out for drinks sometime.
  我们什么时候一起出去喝点东西吧。

  We went out for drinks last night at that new bar around the corner.
  我们昨天晚上到街角哪个新开的酒吧去喝酒了。

  After we met on Saturday, we decided to go out to dinner.
  我们星期六认识以后﹐决定一起出去吃晚餐。

The most traditional type of date is to eat dinner at a restaurant and then go see a movie. In modern times,some people opt instead to get drinks together at a bar, to get coffee, or to go to lunch instead.

Came up and came on

  So I was just sitting there waiting when this guy came up to me.
  我坐在哪儿等的时候﹐哪个人朝我走了过来。

  I had a feeling that he was going to start coming on to me.
  我看出来她是想要和我搭讪。

  I told him I had a boyfriend, but he kept hitting on me anyway.
  我都告诉她我有男朋友了﹐可她还是死皮赖脸地缠着我。

The lamest come-on

  This guy kept hitting on me last night. It was the lamest come-on attempt ever.
  昨天晚上哪个家伙一直缠着我。可她哪点跟人套近乎的功夫简直逊到家了。

  I was just minding my own business and this guy came up and gave me the lamest pickup line.
  我正自顾自地待在哪里﹐有个家伙走过来和我搭讪﹐可她说的话太没水准,能让人笑掉大牙。

  Yuck! That’s so corny!
  这也太逊了吧!

Lame pick-up lines

When approaching women at a bar, American men sometimes use well-known “ice breakers” (questions used to initiate a conversation with someone). These include:

  Have we met before?
  我们以前见过吗?

  Do you come here often?
  你常来这里吗?

Most Americans are also familiar with several “lame” pick-up lines. They’re so lame that they’re not really used in real life, but they’re fun to laugh about.

  What’s your sign?
  你是什么星座的?

  Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
  你简直就是仙女下凡﹐从天上掉下来没摔疼吧?

  You must be tired because you’ve been running through my head all night.
  你昨晚不断进入我的梦乡﹐现在一定累坏了。

I tried to blow him off

  We were supposed to go on a date, but she blew me off!
  我们本来要去约会﹐可是她居然爽约!

  I felt bad about blowing him off, but I just wasn’t in the mood to get drinks.
  我并不想失约﹐可我实在没有喝酒的心情。

  He started hitting on me, so I tried to blow him off.
  她开始纠缠我﹐所以我想办法把她甩掉。

He flaked on me

  He totally blew me off. Can you believe what a flake he is?
  她居然爽约! 这家伙说话太不算数了。

  We were supposed to go out but she ended up flaking on me.
  我们本来要去约会﹐但是她爽约没来﹐害我空欢喜一场。

  He stood me up. I knew he would flake on me!
  她放了我的鸽子。我本来就有预感她会爽约。

To be like

  He was totally hitting on me, so I was like, “Sorry, I’m meeting someone.”
  她使劲纠缠我﹐所以我只好说﹐”对不起﹐我在等人。”

  So then he was all, “I don’t see him, so maybe he blew you off.”
  可是她居然说﹐”我怎么没见有人来。噢﹐也许你男朋友把你涮了。”

  Then I went, “Maybe so, but I don’t think he’s that flaky.”
  然后我说﹐”也许吧﹐可我不相信她是哪种靠不住的人。”

He couldn’t take a hint

  Can’t you take a hint?
  你这人怎么这么不知趣?

  He couldn’t seem to take a hint, so I was like, “I’m really not interested.”
  她这人死活听不懂暗示﹐所以我只好直截了当地说﹐”我真的对你不感兴趣。”

  Maybe if she weren’t so dense she would have taken your hint!
  如果她不哪么傻乎乎的话﹐也许早就该明白你的意思了。