Posting an Online Ad 上网发广告

时间 : 2012-05-05 15:07来源 : VOA官网 收听下载次数 :
下载音频

About this lesson

我们在这课里要学习﹕

 - 解释你卖某件东西的原因

 - 说明你卖的东西有什么吸引人的特色

 - 告诉别人你的要价﹐是否愿意讨价还价

 - 接受改进广告的建议

Put up pics

  I’ve been trying to sell this bike online but I haven’t gotten many responses to my ad.
我一直想在网上把这辆自行车卖了﹐可是广告登了却没什么回应。

  How long ago did you post the ad?
你多久以前登的广告﹖

  I posted it a few weeks ago, maybe I should upload some pictures.
几星期前登的﹐也许我该上传几张照片。

  I always put up pics with my ads and I get a lot of responses.
我登广告的时候都会发照片﹐总有好多人回复。

Log on to this site

  What kind of stuff have you sold on here in the past?
你过去在这个网站上卖过什么东西﹖

  I sold my old couch which was great because the guy came to pick it up.
我把我的旧沙发卖了﹐买主自己来搬走的﹐所以很不错。

  I wanted to sell my bike online because so many different people log on to this site.
我想把我的自行车在网上卖了﹐因为有许多各种各样的人登陆这个网站。

  Don’t put all your eggs in one basket though…
不过﹐你别把希望都寄托在一个网站上…

  …because people can be really flaky.
因为人们有时是很靠不住的。

Asking price

  Why do you want to get rid of your bike anyway?
话说回来了﹐你干嘛要处理掉你的自行车呢﹖

  I don’t ride it much anymore but it’s still in really good condition.
我现在很少骑了﹐可车子还很不错。

  What’s your asking price for such a nice bike?
这么好的车﹐你要价多少﹖

  In the ad I put $300 but I might go lower if they’re willing to pick the bike up.
我在广告里写的是300美元﹐不过如果买家愿意来取车的话﹐我可能会接受更低的价格。

Posting description

  Let’s upload some pics right now and repost your ad.
咱们现在就上传几张照片﹐重新发一下你的广告吧。

  I think a lot more people will be interested when they see your bike.
我觉得﹐看到照片后﹐会有更多的人对你的自行车感兴趣。

  You should point out its striking color scheme in your posting description.
你应该在物品说明里强调一下车的颜色有多炫。

  Maybe we shouldn’t overdo it with the description, the bike is grey.
也许我们不该在说明中夸大其词﹐这自行车就是灰色的。

Online shopping

网上购物的便捷彻底改变了美国商品销售的方式﹐使购物变得非常简单。在美国﹐你在网上几乎可以找到所有商品﹐让卖家把商品寄到你家里。几乎所有的美国零售商都有自己的购物网站﹐把商品全部放在网上﹐供全国各地的顾客购买。像ebay这样的拍卖网站也改变了美国人买卖商品的方法。这些网站促进了私人间新商品和二手货的买卖。商品以拍卖的方式出售﹐没有固定价格。

The wrong page

  Look, you have a couple new emails from interested parties already.
看﹐你已经收到好几封有意买家的新邮件了。

  That’s weird, this guy lives in Utah and wants to buy the bike.
奇怪﹐这个人住在犹她州﹐怎么也想买这辆自行车。

  He must’ve clicked on the wrong link.
她一定是点错链接了。

  If the price is right maybe he’ll drive out here to get the bike.
如果价钱合适﹐没准她会开车来这里取走自行车呢。

A scam

  I dunno, it seems like a scam since he’s so far away.
我不知道﹐这看起来好像是骗人的﹐因为她住得太远了。

“dunno”和上一页中的”kinda”是人们说话时使用的缩略词﹐这种词特别常用﹐所以成了非正式书面语。”Dunno” 来自”I don’t know”﹐ “kinda”来自”kind of”。你可能还经常看到”gonna”和”wanna”﹐它们份别来自”going to”和”want to”。在非正式的交谈中﹐有些美国人甚至会把”I am going to”这四个词缩略为一个词﹕”Ima”。

  He might try to get me to ship the bike all the way to Utah but not pay me.
她可能想让我把车寄到犹她州去﹐却不给我钱。

  Here’s another interested party who lives pretty close.
这儿又有一个想买车的人﹐住得也挺近。

  I’ll give her a call as soon as I know when I can show her the bike.
等我决定什么时候能让她看车了﹐我就马上给她打电话。