At the Doctor's Office 在医生办公室

时间 : 2012-05-05 15:07来源 : VOA官网 收听下载次数 :
下载音频
 

About this lesson

我们在这课里要学习﹕

 - 谈论你的病史

 - 告诉医生症状的严重程度及持续时间

 - 讨论做化验

Do you have a history of asthma?

  Do you have any allergies?
你过敏么﹖

  Do you have a history of asthma?
你有哮喘病史么﹖

  Does your family have a history of heart disease?
你们家有心脏病病史么﹖

What are the symptoms?

  What are your symptoms?
你有什么症状﹖

  I’ve had a stuffy nose and a headache.
我鼻子不通气﹐而且头疼。

  I’ve had a sharp pain in my abdomen.
我肚子绞着疼。

  I have a persistent cough.
我一直咳嗽。

How long has it been going on?

  How long has this been going on?
这种情况多久了﹖

  It’s been on and off for about two months.
时好时坏﹐有大约两个月了。

  It’s been chronic for two weeks now.
到现在为止﹐已经持续两周了。

  I think it’s gotten worse over time.
我觉得越来越严重了。

What makes you feel better?

  What makes you feel better or worse?
怎样能让你觉得好受些﹐怎样会更难过﹖

  Taking painkillers makes me feel a little better.
吃止疼药让我觉得好受一点。

  I try to avoid dairy because it makes my stomach hurt.
我不敢吃奶制品﹐因为吃了就胃疼。

  I think stress really makes my symptoms worse.
我觉得压力会让我的症状更严重。

How severe is it?

  How severe are the symptoms?
症状有多严重﹖

  On a scale from one to ten, how severe is the pain?
从一到十﹐一最轻﹐十最重﹐你的疼痛有多厉害﹖

  I haven’t been able to go to work.
我一直没法去上班。

  My symptoms have been affecting my home life.
我的症状给我的家庭生活带来了影响。

Running tests

  I’m going to run a few tests.
我要作一些化验。

  Bring this swab to the lab for analysis.
把这个药签拿到实验室化验一下。

  I’ll call you in a week with the test results.
我一个礼拜后会打电话通知你化验结果。

Health Insurance

近年来﹐医疗费用的高涨给美国保健系统带来了巨大的负担﹐将医疗改革推到了美国政治生活的最前沿。除去少数政府拥有的设施外﹐美国大部份医疗机構都是私人的。绝大多数美国人通过雇主得到健康保险。不过﹐美国政府也在提供越来越多的资金﹐为失业、老年和低收入公民提供医疗保健。这些不断增加的政府健康保险项目每年在联邦预算中所占的比例越来越高。

Pharmaceutical companies

美国的品牌处方药的价格是世界上最高的。这是由于美国的专利和产品注册法允许美国制药公司给品牌药标更高的价。这些公司为此辩护说﹐只有要价高﹐才能有钱继续从事产品的研发。处方药价格贵是造成美国医疗费用增加的一大原因。

Healthcare Reform

美国医疗费用的高涨推动政界人士考虑实施医疗改革。美国政府的医疗援助项目包括为老年人提供的Medicare和为低收入者提供的Medicaid﹐政府需要重新考虑这些项目的结構和资金﹐使它们能够长期持续下去。解决美国医疗开支问题的提议包括实施社会化的全民医保﹐将医疗系统彻底重新私有化﹐以及对现行系统做一些小范围调整等等。